Garlic chive omelette
Another winner from Robin
I'm not sure where you would buy garlic chives in the UK. Certainly not in big chain supermarkets, though I've seen them in specialist oriental supermarkets.
The flavour is green and grassy with a hint of garlic.
- ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil for frying
- 3 free range eggs
- ½ teaspoon oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon nam-pla
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
- 60g garlic chives, chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well.
- When the pan is nearly smoking, add the egg-mixture.
- Using a fork pull the liquid edges towards the middle of the pan, jiggle the pan to re-distribute the liquid egg.
- Reduce the heat a little then sprinkle the garlic chives over the omelette.
- When the egg is almost cooked, fold in half, cut into slices and serve.
A wide variety of omelette recipes
We have a number of omelette recipes from simple plain omelettes to elaborate deep-dish Spanish omelettes:
- Plain omelette
- Cheese omelette
- Biarritz omelette - inspired by Biarritz potatoes
- Garlic chive omelette
- Lebzelteromelette (Ginger omelette) - A ginger omelette from the town of Steyr .
- Smoked salmon omelette
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Bayd de Zaitun (olive omelette)
- Tortilla Española - A true Spanish omelette.
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - a Spanish omelette with chillies , garlic and coriander.
- Frittata affogata - Literally meaning 'drowned omelette', this recipe comes from the Arezzo area of Tuscany.
- Chuchu - a type of flat omelette from Azerbaijan, with a copious quantity of vegetables and herbs.
- Borage frittata - a type of Italian omelette with borage as a filling.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#egg #garlicchiveomelette #garlicchives #vegetableoil #chives #garlic #smoking #shaoxingricewine #seed #unusualrecipes #frying