Smoked salmon omelette
Eggs and salmon
5/5 A heavenly pairing. My one did not look as good as yours though! The Judge
This meal can of course be made with shop-bought hot-smoked salmon, but it's even nicer if you have your own smoker; just smoke normal salmon fillets for about an hour. I then leave them in the cold smoker for about an hour once the briquettes have burnt and it's then perfectly cooked.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Big handful of chopped chives
- 150 g smoked salmon steaks
- 4 Large free range eggs.
- 1 scant tablespoon butter.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of soured cream (optional)
- Add a few grinds of black pepper to the hot pan and add the butter.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until it starts to foam.
- Pour in the eggs and use a fork to pull the cooked edges into the middle of the pan.
- Once the omelette begins to solidify, spoon the salmon flakes into the centre
I used some chopped left over spring onions because my home grown chives have finished for this year.
If you've got flowers on your home grown chives, pull the little flowers out from the flower head and sprinkle those with the chives, they have a fantastic flavour and also look great.
A wide variety of omelette recipes
We have a number of omelette recipes from simple plain omelettes to elaborate deep-dish Spanish omelettes:
- Plain omelette
- Cheese omelette
- Biarritz omelette - inspired by Biarritz potatoes
- Garlic chive omelette
- Lebzelteromelette (Ginger omelette) - A ginger omelette from the town of Steyr .
- Smoked salmon omelette
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Bayd de Zaitun (olive omelette)
- Tortilla Española - A true Spanish omelette.
- Tortilla 'batatas harras' - a Spanish omelette with chillies , garlic and coriander.
- Frittata affogata - Literally meaning 'drowned omelette', this recipe comes from the Arezzo area of Tuscany.
- Chuchu - a type of flat omelette from Azerbaijan, with a copious quantity of vegetables and herbs.
- Borage frittata - a type of Italian omelette with borage as a filling.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#smokedsalmonomelette #butter #omelette #eggs #salmon #chives #smokedsalmon #freshlygroundpepper #smoked #salmonsteaks #springonions