- ½ teaspoon paprika powder.
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder.
- 3 tablespoons butter.
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced thinly.
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal.
- About 450 g (1 lb) of fresh or cooked lobster cut into chunks.
- 4 tablespoons Irish whiskey.
- 150 ml double cream.
- Squeeze of lemon juice.
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix the butter, paprika and mustard powder together.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan.
- Sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes until they take a little colour.
- Add the lobster and spring onions and sauté until the lobster is cooked. This should only take a few minutes.
- Add the whiskey - if you want to set fire to it, warm it a little first. Cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the cream heat through, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve in the halved lobster shell if you have it.
Interesting lobster recipes
- All about the lobster
- Lobster roll - a kind of sandwich filled with lobster meat
- Lobster thermidor - lobster cooked with a rich creamy seafood sauce, topped with parmesan cheese
- Lobster Newberg - the story of how Lobster a la Wenberg became Lobster a la Newberg
- Bill Granger's Lobster with Preserved Lemon - Australian chef and restaurateur, Bill Granger shows us an unusual way to prepare lobster tails with preserved lemons
- Spicy prawn ravioli in lobster bisque - a pasta dish with lobster meat
- Lobster and coconut soup with ginger - a Delia Smith cheat to turn a great soup into a brilliant one
- Peppers stuffed with lobster cream (TM) - small sweet peppers filled with a creamy seafood sauce, created with Thermomix
- Lobster bisque - make the classic lobster soup at home
- Prawn thermidor - an economical way to assimilate the classic lobster dish
- Thermidor sauce - make the classic thermidor sauce to use with pasta, vegetables or even as a dip
- Dublin lawyer - a rich Irish seafood dish utilising fresh lobster, cream, whiskey and sometimes mushrooms
- Salmon and prawn tagliatelle - a seafood dish using lobster bisque
- Fish chunks in lobster sauce with fresh pasta - another seafood dish using lobster bisque
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.