Lobster and coconut soup with ginger
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 415 g can of quality lobster bisque soup. Baxters is probably the best, but most supermarket 'own-brands' are as good.
- 200g of canned coconut milk - freeze the other half for next time
- 1 tablespoon of very lazy ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Grated zest from half a lime
- Handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the soup, coconut milk and the ginger in a large pan
- Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes
- Just before serving, stir in the lime and the fish sauce
- Garnish with coriander and serve
Serve with crusty bread
Add a handful of prawns at the last minute to make this a really special meal.
Interesting lobster recipes
- All about the lobster
- Lobster roll - a kind of sandwich filled with lobster meat
- Lobster thermidor - lobster cooked with a rich creamy seafood sauce, topped with parmesan cheese
- Lobster Newberg - the story of how Lobster a la Wenberg became Lobster a la Newberg
- Bill Granger's Lobster with Preserved Lemon - Australian chef and restaurateur, Bill Granger shows us an unusual way to prepare lobster tails with preserved lemons
- Spicy prawn ravioli in lobster bisque - a pasta dish with lobster meat
- Lobster and coconut soup with ginger - a Delia Smith cheat to turn a great soup into a brilliant one
- Peppers stuffed with lobster cream (TM) - small sweet peppers filled with a creamy seafood sauce, created with Thermomix
- Lobster bisque - make the classic lobster soup at home
- Prawn thermidor - an economical way to assimilate the classic lobster dish
- Thermidor sauce - make the classic thermidor sauce to use with pasta, vegetables or even as a dip
- Dublin lawyer - a rich Irish seafood dish utilising fresh lobster, cream, whiskey and sometimes mushrooms
- Salmon and prawn tagliatelle - a seafood dish using lobster bisque
- Fish chunks in lobster sauce with fresh pasta - another seafood dish using lobster bisque
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.