Salmon and prawn tagliatelle
I saw this recipe on The Big Breakfast (Channel 4), about 25 years ago; and have been making variations of it ever since.
It's the simplest recipe I know - I dare you to get this one wrong!
There is an even simpler version here
This is especially nice if made with homemade pasta
- 1 portion of fresh tagliatelle (about 250g) or 100g of dried taglitelle
- 1 tin lobster bisque soup
- 2 raw salmon steaks, about 175g (6 oz) each
- 100 g (3.5 oz) fresh peeled prawns
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 125 ml single or double cream
- Big handful of parsley, chopped - keep some whole for the garnish
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Remove the skin from the salmon and remove any pin-bones - tweezers are good for this
- Cut the salmon into 1" x 1" chunks
- Add a splash of olive oil and the black pepper to a large pan and sizzle the garlic for a few minutes. Add the salmon pieces and stir to coat with the garlic oil
- Pour the soup over the garlic and salmon, almost bring the soup to the boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer
- Place the salmon chunks in the soup and simmer for 4 minutes
- Cook the pasta as directed, drain and cover
- Add the prawns, cream, sherry, chopped parsley, salt and stir for a minute or so
- Pour the pasta into the soup, mix well, serve with parsley garnish
Serve hot, maybe with a salad if you need to stretch it to four people. There is enough here for two gluttons though!
Interesting lobster recipes
- All about the lobster
- Lobster roll - a kind of sandwich filled with lobster meat
- Lobster thermidor - lobster cooked with a rich creamy seafood sauce, topped with parmesan cheese
- Lobster Newberg - the story of how Lobster a la Wenberg became Lobster a la Newberg
- Bill Granger's Lobster with Preserved Lemon - Australian chef and restaurateur, Bill Granger shows us an unusual way to prepare lobster tails with preserved lemons
- Spicy prawn ravioli in lobster bisque - a pasta dish with lobster meat
- Lobster and coconut soup with ginger - a Delia Smith cheat to turn a great soup into a brilliant one
- Peppers stuffed with lobster cream (TM) - small sweet peppers filled with a creamy seafood sauce, created with Thermomix
- Lobster bisque - make the classic lobster soup at home
- Prawn thermidor - an economical way to assimilate the classic lobster dish
- Thermidor sauce - make the classic thermidor sauce to use with pasta, vegetables or even as a dip
- Dublin lawyer - a rich Irish seafood dish utilising fresh lobster, cream, whiskey and sometimes mushrooms
- Salmon and prawn tagliatelle - a seafood dish using lobster bisque
- Fish chunks in lobster sauce with fresh pasta - another seafood dish using lobster bisque
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.