Crayfish, avocado and grapefruit salad
A lovely light, zesty, flavoursome alternative to a more traditional prawn cocktail. Crayfish have a little more substance and bite than prawns. This makes a very nice light meal.
- 200g to 300g of cooked and peeled crayfish
- 1 ruby grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced thinly
- 40g wild rocket
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of light olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 or 2 Pitta breads per person
- Mix crayfish and grapefruit together
- Mix together cayenne, oil and lime juice
- Arrange the sliced avocado and a couple of handfuls of rocket on each plate.
- Top with the crayfish mix and drizzle with the lime juice vinaigrette.
Serve with Moro crispbread
- Similar ceviche-style recipes
- Crispy crayfish patties
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Devilled crayfish tails
- Smoked salmon and crayfish parcels
- Fishermans pie with crayfish and squash mash
- Crayfish, avocado and grapefruit salad
- Garlic and crayfish pizza
- Spaghetti squash with cheese and chili crayfish
- Crayfish bisque
- Filo pastry wrapped crayfish
- Sopa Donosti (TM)
- Crayfish bisque - information about the canned version, not a recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.