(Redirected from Vinaigrette)
This is almost too simple to be a recipe. Be adventurous when making vinaigrettes and salad dressings.
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons vinegar of choice
- 5g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the ingredients to a screw-top jar, shake well and store in the fridge for up to a week or so.
Drizzle over salads.
- Sherry vinegar (one of my favourites)
- Chinese black vinegar (another favourite - sort of funky balsamic vinegar)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cider vinegar
- White / Red wine vinegar
- Red / white wine
- Chopped chives (and flowers)
Salad dressing recipes
We have number of good recipes for salad dressings, use them as a starting point for your own creations:
- Salad dressing oil to vinegar ratio
- Basic vinaigrette
- Sherry vinegar salad dressing
- Blue cheese and chive dressing
- Mustard dressing
- Roquefort salad dressing
- Thyme and sour cream dressing
- Thousand Island dressing
Salads with dressing recipes included
- Frankfurter salad with mustard dressing
- Apple and walnut salad with Somerset Camembert dressing
- Potato salad with a mustard and caraway dressing
- Salad of Ayrshire royals, feta and watercress, yoghurt dressing
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#basicvinaigrette #zest #garlic #vinegar #oliveoil #lemonjuice #balsamicvinegar #sherryvinegar #cidervinegar #herbs #wholegrain