Spaghetti squash with cheese and chili crayfish
This is a nice way to use spaghetti squashes.
As an extra bonus, today crayfish tails were reduced to £1.99 for 180 g!
- 360 g (12 oz) wild crayfish tails
- Splash of black rice vinegar
- Splash of nam pla
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 50 g (2 oz) gruyère cheese, grated.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black paper
- 1 Chile de árbol, or any good dried chili, crumbled
- Splash of Louisiana hot pepper sauce
- 300 ml (.52 pint) milk
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- Sliced tomatoes and chopped parsley to garnish.
- I always like to rinse seafood after it's been in a sealed box for a while, however, it's up to you.
- Place them in a bowl with a splash of nam pla and a splash of black rice vinegar
- Wash the outside of the squash well, cut in half length wise, de-seed and place in a large pan.
- Cover with boiling water and simmer vigorously for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the onion in the butter for 4 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Gradually pour in all of the milk. Keep stirring the milk until it thickens.
- Season with salt an pepper, a splash of Louisiana hot pepper sauce, the crumbled chili, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer slowly for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain the crayfish tails and tip them into the cheese and chili sauce.
- Drain the spaghetti squash halves and 'rough up the strands with a fork, leaving then in the squash.
- Pour the cheese, chili and crayfish sauce into the squash halves.
Be wary of making the cheese sauce too runny because even when well drained, the spaghetti squash holds an awful lot of water.
- Crispy crayfish patties
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Devilled crayfish tails
- Smoked salmon and crayfish parcels
- Fishermans pie with crayfish and squash mash
- Crayfish, avocado and grapefruit salad
- Garlic and crayfish pizza
- Spaghetti squash with cheese and chili crayfish
- Crayfish bisque
- Filo pastry wrapped crayfish
- Sopa Donosti (TM)
- Crayfish bisque - information about the canned version, not a recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.