Garlic and crayfish pizza
Crayfish and Pizza - Perfection
A delicious excuse for pizza gluttony, again.
- 1 portion of pizza dough
- 5 fat cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 180g prepared crayfish tails [crawfish tails]
- 2 x 150 g balls of mozzarella cheese
- 30 g pecorino cheese or parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Make the pizza dough as instructed
- If using a pizza stone, preheat the pizza stone under a very hot grill for about 20 minutes. Place it about 8cm (3") from the heat source.
- Make 1 pizza per person
- Crush the garlic and add it to the crayfish tails together with 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well and let the flavours mingle while the dough is pepared.
- Dust the work surface with fine yellow cornmeal
- Stretch or roll the dough into two thin rounds
- Sprinkle the stone with fine yellow cornmeal
- Pre-cook the empty pizza base on one side only for about 3 minutes or until it is lightly browned
- Remove from the oven, flip and add the topping.
- Lightly oil one side of the pizza and grill, oiled side down, flip and repeat, about 2 minutes per side
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces and scatter over the pizza.
- Add the crayfish tails, garlic and olive oil and a grind of black pepper.
- Top with the grated pecorino or parmesan and top with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 3 or 4 minutes or until the cheese browns a little - watch it carefully as it can burn easily.
- Keep the fist pizza warm at the bottom of the oven whilst you make the second.
- Serve hot
I chopped up a small roasted red pepper and added to this as I had one spare.
Split a green Indian chilli down the middle and sauté it with the onions and garlic and leave it with the prawns while they marinade. Remove and discard before making the pizza.
Leave the prawn , onions and garlic to marinade for a few hours if you have the time.
- Crispy crayfish patties
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Devilled crayfish tails
- Smoked salmon and crayfish parcels
- Fishermans pie with crayfish and squash mash
- Crayfish, avocado and grapefruit salad
- Garlic and crayfish pizza
- Spaghetti squash with cheese and chili crayfish
- Crayfish bisque
- Filo pastry wrapped crayfish
- Sopa Donosti (TM)
- Crayfish bisque - information about the canned version, not a recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#garlicandcrayfishpizza #pizza #oliveoil #crayfishtails #pizzastone #pizzadough #dough #grill #fineyellowcornmeal #pecorinocheese #miseenplace