Smoked salmon and crayfish parcels
Well this didn't look like the restaurant version I had last week, though it tasted as good. I thought the gravad lax sheets would be much larger, allowing the filling to be completely wrapped, they were not!
If the filling were a much thicker consistency, it could be better wrapped with small sheets of salmon, any suggestions welcome.
I did have an idea that I'll try next time: cut the gravad lax into small squares, place a whole crayfish or two on top and dress with the sour cream mixture, though they wouldn't be parcels then.
- 150 g cooked crayfish tails
- 200 g thinly sliced gravlax (Ikea sell this in the food section of all their stores)
- 150 g soured cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Roughly chop the crayfish tails
- Pour the sour cream to a bowl, add the dijon mustard, dill, crayfish tails, mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Take a large tablespoon of the filling and wrap or roll in a sheet of gravad lax. I found a tablespoons helped with this but it was still near impossible to get a presentable result.
Serve with lemon wedges.
- Crispy crayfish patties
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Devilled crayfish tails
- Smoked salmon and crayfish parcels
- Fishermans pie with crayfish and squash mash
- Crayfish, avocado and grapefruit salad
- Garlic and crayfish pizza
- Spaghetti squash with cheese and chili crayfish
- Crayfish bisque
- Filo pastry wrapped crayfish
- Sopa Donosti (TM)
- Crayfish bisque - information about the canned version, not a recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.