Smoked salmon quiche
This is the kind of recipe that you get cravings for, which is fine because it's not difficult to make. A small packet of flaked smoked salmon is still relatively inexpensive.
- 1 Basic flan case
- 135 g (4½ oz) flaked smoked salmon
- 2 free range eggs
- 250 ml (0.43 pint) of full cream milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - Gas 6)
- Follow the recipe for the Basic flan case or use a ready-made flan case
- Add the eggs, milk, parsley and seasoning to a bowl
- With an electric whisk, combine the ingredients so they are well mixed.
- Blind bake the case @ 200° C (400° F - Gas 6) for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the smoked salmon in the base of the flan case
- Pour over the egg mixture
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on the top and bake for a further 30 minutes.
Serve warm or cold
- Asparagus and broccoli flan
- Basic quiche case
- Bean and roasted red pepper flan
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Egg and bacon quiche
- Frankfurter quiche
- Kidney flan
- Prawn 'n' Pepsi flan
- Quiche Lorraine
- Smoked salmon quiche
- Spicy kidney flan
- Three cheese quiche
- Spicy three cheese flan with sesame seeds
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.