Smoked salmon quiche
Simple and tasty
4.8/5 This was easier than I thought it would be and really rather good. It looked as good as this too. The Judge
This is the kind of recipe that you get cravings for, which is fine because it's not difficult to make. A small packet of flaked smoked salmon is still relatively inexpensive.
- 1 Basic flan case
- 135 g (4½ oz) flaked smoked salmon
- 2 free range eggs
- 250 ml (0.43 pint) of full cream milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - Gas 6)
- Follow the recipe for the Basic flan case or use a ready-made flan case
- Add the eggs, milk, parsley and seasoning to a bowl
- With an electric whisk, combine the ingredients so they are well mixed.
- Blind bake the case @ 200° C (400° F - Gas 6) for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the smoked salmon in the base of the flan case
- Pour over the egg mixture
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on the top and bake for a further 30 minutes.
Serve warm or cold
- Asparagus and broccoli flan
- Basic quiche case
- Bean and roasted red pepper flan
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Egg and bacon quiche
- Frankfurter quiche
- Kidney flan
- Prawn 'n' Pepsi flan
- Quiche Lorraine
- Smoked salmon quiche
- Spicy kidney flan
- Three cheese quiche
- Spicy three cheese flan with sesame seeds
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#smokedsalmonquiche #salmon #parsley #basicflancase #freerangeeggs #blindbake #tomato #greaseproofpaper #miseenplace #eggs #tomatoes