Cheddar shortcrust pastry
- 500g Plain flour
- 250g Butter
- 125g Mature Cheddar (yellow)
- 3-5tbsp cold water
- extra flour for dusting
- Food processor with plastic blade required
- Sieve flour, cut butter into 1cm cubes and grate cheddar.
- Add everything to food processor and pulse until mixed into chucky crumbs.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time and pulse food processor until ball of dough is formed.
- Use immediately or freeze for future use
This makes 6 individual pie crusts and lids or 2x quiche crusts or 1x large pie crust and lid
- Asparagus and broccoli flan
- Basic quiche case
- Bean and roasted red pepper flan
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Egg and bacon quiche
- Frankfurter quiche
- Kidney flan
- Prawn 'n' Pepsi flan
- Quiche Lorraine
- Smoked salmon quiche
- Spicy kidney flan
- Three cheese quiche
- Spicy three cheese flan with sesame seeds
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.