Basic flan case
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Basic quiche case)
Follow this recipe to make the basic flan or quiche case and then fill it with a filling of your choice.
I am a believer in ready-made pastry, it's cheap and easy and stores in the fridge ready for use.
I managed to buy a single sheet of reusable greaseproof paper from Wilkinson's recently. I looks like plastic but is oven proof and can be wiped clean and used again and again.
- 500 g packet of Jus Roll shortcrust pastry (use half if making one flan)
- 1 10" push out flan dish
- Baking beans or dried pulses
- Greaseproof paper
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - Gas 6)
- Roll out the pastry to fit your baking tray
- Lightly grease the base and sides of the tray with olive oil
- Press the pastry into the edges and if possible, leave a little folded over at the edge as it will prevent the pastry from shrinking back into the tray. It can easily be trimmed once your flan has been baked.
- Lay the greaseproof paper over the pastry and fill with the baking beans or dried pulses, making sure that they are pushed into the edges of the dish.
- Blind bake the flan for 10 minutes.
- Remove, lower the heat to 180° C (350° F - Gas 4)
- Remove the greaseproof paper and baking beans, pour the filling of your choice into the flan case and bake for a further 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before attempting to remove the flan from the dish.
- Asparagus and broccoli flan
- Basic quiche case
- Bean and roasted red pepper flan
- Crayfish chili quiche
- Egg and bacon quiche
- Frankfurter quiche
- Kidney flan
- Prawn 'n' Pepsi flan
- Quiche Lorraine
- Smoked salmon quiche
- Spicy kidney flan
- Three cheese quiche
- Spicy three cheese flan with sesame seeds
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.