Crispy Capricorn potato fritters with bacon
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 750g floury potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese, finely diced
- olive oil to fry
- Mix the eggs and flour together in a bowl to form a thick batter. Stir in the chives and plenty of seasoning.
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the grated potatoes and onion then spread them out on a clean tea-towel and pat dry.
- Stir into the batter, mixing well, then add the Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add 6 tablespoons of batter, pressing down each one to flatten it out. Cook for 2 ½-3 mins each side until golden.
- Keep warm while you cook the remaining batter, adding extra oil as needed.
We have a number of different fritter recipes on Cookipedia:
- Aubergine fritters - Indian fritters. Brinjal fritters
- Spam fritters
- Sesame prawn fritters - fritters with an Asian touch.
- Cheese fritters - Indian cheese fritters
- Ox-brain fritters - they'll make a change from Spam!
- Cauliflower and turmeric fritters - a nice vegetarian alternative
- Crispy Capricorn potato fritters with bacon - a nice breakfast idea
- Akkra - West African bean fritters
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.