Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 4 aubergines, cut into slices 2 cm (¾”)
- Oil for frying
- for the batter
- 100 g gram flour
- 75 ml (2.5 fl oz) water
- 25 g self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- A pinch of garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the batter ingredients into a bowl and whisk to a smooth batter
- Refrigerate and allow to rest for at least 2 hours
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, once a piece of bread browns in 10 seconds it is ready
- Dip the slices in the batter and fry, a few at a time, until they are golden brown
- Drain and blot any excess oil on kitchen paper
- Keep warm until they are all cooked
Serve hot with a Yogurt dip
We have a number of different fritter recipes on Cookipedia:
- Aubergine fritters - Indian fritters. Brinjal fritters
- Spam fritters
- Sesame prawn fritters - fritters with an Asian touch.
- Cheese fritters - Indian cheese fritters
- Ox-brain fritters - they'll make a change from Spam!
- Cauliflower and turmeric fritters - a nice vegetarian alternative
- Crispy Capricorn potato fritters with bacon - a nice breakfast idea
- Akkra - West African bean fritters
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.