- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons onion or shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 275 ml (1/2 pint) full cream milk
- 5 tablespoons (60 ml) dry sherry
- 25 g (1 oz) plain flour
- good pinch of salt
- good pinch of paprika powder (not smoked)
- good pinch of mustard powder
- 5 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- grind of black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Melt half of the butter in a pan and gently sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the flour, mix into a roux and then gradually stir in the milk.
- Add the parsley and tarragon.
- Mix in the sherry and spices, season to taste and adjust to your liking.
- Add the remaining butter and half of the cheese.
- Mix well, if you are adding cooked pasta or vegetables add them at this point. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased baking tray.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and brown under the grill.
If you are struggling to get hold of fresh tarragon, at a push you could add 1 heaped teaspoon of dried tarragon to a little boiled water, allow it to rehydrate, drain any liquid and then use, however, fresh is plainly better.
Interesting lobster recipes
- All about the lobster
- Lobster roll - a kind of sandwich filled with lobster meat
- Lobster thermidor - lobster cooked with a rich creamy seafood sauce, topped with parmesan cheese
- Lobster Newberg - the story of how Lobster a la Wenberg became Lobster a la Newberg
- Bill Granger's Lobster with Preserved Lemon - Australian chef and restaurateur, Bill Granger shows us an unusual way to prepare lobster tails with preserved lemons
- Spicy prawn ravioli in lobster bisque - a pasta dish with lobster meat
- Lobster and coconut soup with ginger - a Delia Smith cheat to turn a great soup into a brilliant one
- Peppers stuffed with lobster cream (TM) - small sweet peppers filled with a creamy seafood sauce, created with Thermomix
- Lobster bisque - make the classic lobster soup at home
- Prawn thermidor - an economical way to assimilate the classic lobster dish
- Thermidor sauce - make the classic thermidor sauce to use with pasta, vegetables or even as a dip
- Dublin lawyer - a rich Irish seafood dish utilising fresh lobster, cream, whiskey and sometimes mushrooms
- Salmon and prawn tagliatelle - a seafood dish using lobster bisque
- Fish chunks in lobster sauce with fresh pasta - another seafood dish using lobster bisque
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.