Slow roast lamb recipes
Don't be put off a recipe that calls for a leg of lamb because of the high cost. All these recipes can be adjusted for half a leg of lamb and you buy that (frozen) for just £6.00! (March 2013).
- Jamie Oliver's 4 hour slow roast lamb.
- Lamb tangia, similar to Jamie's recipe but with Moroccan influences (5 hour cooking time).
- Catalonian slow roasted Lamb with allioli
- Slow roast lamb shoulder with a Ras-el-hanout rub, a spicy roast with a North African influence, adapted from one of Robin's recipes
- Braised Lamb Shanks - not roasted, but slow-cooked with cherries and apricots
- Again, not roasted, but stewed for 4 hours in a bottle of white wine; (Jamie Oliver) 4 hour lamb stew
- Not roasted, a Jamie Oliver recipe simmered hob-top for 3 hours; Lamb shanks in porter with dark sticky gravy
- The same recipe but using Guinness instead of porter; Lamb shanks in porter with dark sticky gravy
- Roast leg of lamb (Moroccan-style) not a true slow-roast recipe, but an absolutely delicious way of roasting lamb.
- Slow Roasted Lamb with Allioli - an, as yet, untried Belazu recipe.
- Slow cooked leg-of-lamb with harissa - A butterflied leg of lamb cooked with a hot chilli marinade.
- Lamb with garlic, rosemary and anchovies - an interesting mixture of anchovies and herbs
- Lamb tagine with tomatoes and peas - a slow-cook lamb tagine recipe
- Stewed lamb, cooked in a pressure cooker
Slow roasted pork
Beef stew & cheese rösti crust
Slow roast pork recipes
- Goose fat roasted belly pork, Julia's adaptation of a James Martin recipe.
- Slow roast herby pork belly, succulent pork with crispy crackling.
- Eight hour smoky pulled pork in Guinness, another pulled-pork variation.
- Puerco en naranja, a Mexican pork recipe where the pork is slow-cooked with oranges.
- Pulled pork, a North American favourite that needs 24 hours preparation, well worth the wait.
- Cochinita pibil, a Latin American recipe where pork is cooked for 5 hours with lemons, garlic and hot chillies.
- Slow roast spiced pork with fruit and nuts, a lightly spiced slow-roast fruity curry
- A variation on Jamie Oliver's Spicy pork and chilli-pepper goulash, with sweet and chilli peppers and smoked paprika
Slow roast beef recipes
- Beef pastitsada, an Italian recipe, ideally served with pasta
- Steak with Guinness and potatoes, a hearty casserole.
- Slow roast beef brisket with Guinness, a 5 hour beef casserole with Guinness
- Slow cooked silverside of beef, red wine and silverside of beef cooked in a slow cooker
- Silverside of beef cooked in a pressure cooker
- Pulled beef brisket, pulled beef in Guinness cooked in slow cooker
- Slow-cooked shin of beef, another delicious beef stew.
- Slow cooked beef stew with a cheese rösti crust, a fabulous beef and mushroom stew with a crunchy cheese rösti crust.
- Oxtail stew in Guinness, oxtail and Guinness, a great combination.
- Ossobuco alla Milanese, the famous Italian recipe using slow cooked veal shanks.
- Steak and kidney pudding, steamed for 5 hours with tender meat in a full-flavoured gravy.
Slow roasting with a fan-assisted oven
I have had more than one failure when attempting to use a fan-assisted oven for slow-roasting meat and would recommend using a standard convection oven for slow roasting unless you want to end-up with a piece of wood at the end of 5 hours!
- A comprehensive guide to roast meat cooking times - give the time you want to carve your roast and we'll give you a timed step-by-step roasting guide
- Pulled pork
- The renowned Mr Brown Pulled Pork - Oriental
- The renowned Mr Brown's Pulled Pork (Slow cooker recipe)
- The renowned Mr Brown's Pulled Pork (Sous-Vide recipe)
- Cochinita pibil
- Beer pickled belly of pork
- Eight hour smoky pulled pork in Guinness
- Pulled pork (slow cooker recipe)
- Slow roast recipes
- Our smoker recipe section
#slowroastrecipes #pork #slowroastedlambwithallioli #lambshanksinporterwithdarkstickygravy #jamieolivers4hourslowroastlamb #goosefatroastedbellypork #mexican #slowroastherbyporkbelly #northamerican #steakwithguinnessandpotatoes #cherries