- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 900 g boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, diced and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 medium onions, diced
- Garlic to taste, diced (I used 3 bulbs)
- 4 red peppers, roasted, skins and seeds removed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 3 teaspoons if fresh
- 2 400 g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan to a medium temperature.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 15 minutes to brown them.
- Add the onions and garlic and stew until the onions are beginning to soften - about 5 minutes or so.
- Increase the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking, uncovered for around 50 minutes, until the chicken pieces are tender.
If you can get nice, ripe, fresh tomatoes, then they are best, but peel them first.
Other Pisto recipes
- Pisto Toledano
- Pisto manchego
- Butternut squash pisto
- Tray-baked butternut squash pisto
- Pisto (TM) (a Thermomix recipe)
- Pisto montañes (TM) (a Thermomix recipe)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#pistotoledano #chicken #diced #tomatoes #onions #stew #garlic #oregano #roasted #stewedbraisedorpotroasted #tapa