- 300g courgettes, peeled
- 150g red peppers
- 150g green peppers
- 300g onions
- 100g extra virgin olive oil
- 500g tinned, chopped tomatoes
- Once you have prepared the vegetables, put half of them in the bowl in uniform pieces 4 seconds / Speed 4
- Remove and reserve and do the same with the rest of the vegetables
- Next, put the oil and the vegetables into the bowl 15 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon
- Incorporate the tomatoes, salt and pepper 20 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon
- Adjust seasoning
Serve with fried eggs or to taste
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs
I varied the method slightly and also added 1 bulb of garlic. Peppers, onions and garlic need a few more seconds chopping. I heated the oil first 6 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed Spoon before adding the vegetables. The weight of the vegetables when I made it are net weight after peeling. When I was sautéeing the vegetables in the oil, I left the MC off.
Other Pisto recipes
- Pisto Toledano
- Pisto manchego
- Butternut squash pisto
- Tray-baked butternut squash pisto
- Pisto (TM) (a Thermomix recipe)
- Pisto montañes (TM) (a Thermomix recipe)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.