Horseradish double cream sauce
- 50 g (2 oz) fresh horseradish root
- 142 ml (5 fl oz - ¼ pint) double cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Soak the root for 1 hour in cold water.
- Rinse, scrape clean and grate - take care, as the picture shows it can be worse than slicing onions!
- Whip the cream
- Fold in the remaining ingredients
Serve with roast beef
- Freezing horseradish - How easily save fresh horseradish for future use
- Horseradish - The British brassica root
- Steirischer kren (Styrian horseradish) - Austrian horseradish with g.g.A. protection
- Spreewälder Meerrettich (Spreewald horseradish) - German horseradish with G.g.A. protection
- Japanese horseradish - Otherwise know as wasabi
- Horseradish sauce recipes
- Raw grated horseradish for dipping - So simple, just grate the horseradish and dip food into it!
- Horseradish dip - A yogurt and horseradish dip, great with chips
- Horseradish cream recipe - Crème fraiche horseradish sauce
- Hot horseradish sauce recipe - Another horseradish sauce recipe
- Horseradish sauce with apples recipe - A fruity horseradish sauce
- Horseradish double cream sauce recipe - A richer version of horseradish sauce
- Hot horseradish sauce (V) recipe - A vegan horseradish sauce recipe
- Recipes using lots of horseradish
- Horseradish pickle recipe - A peppery horseradish pickle recipe
- Potatoes with horseradish recipe - A simple way to jazz up potatoes
- Rooster potato salad with grilled mackerel and horseradish - A nice potato salad recipe, with horseradish
- Karp w sosie chrzanowym (Carp with horseradish sauce) - A peppery Christmas fish recipe from Poland
- Potted smoked mackerel with Capricorn goats' cheese and chives - another peppery, fishy cheese recipe
- Harlech cheese - Cheese with added horseradish
- Toad in the hole with apple and horseradish relish - Another use for your horseradish sauce
- A horseradish question!
- File talk:Horseradish or Aconite.JPG - Is this plant aconite or is it horseradish?
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#horseradish #doublecream #cream #whitepepper #miseenplace #mustardpowder #horseradishdoublecreamsauce #horseradishpickle #onions #whitewinevinegar #roastbeef