The recipe has been translated and slightly adapted from Ricardo Muñoz Zurita's book Salsas Mexicanas (ISBN 9702222125)
- 600g ripe tomatoes, cut into 0.5cm cubes
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- Garlic to taste, finely chopped
- 25g coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 30ml avocado oil
- 3 medium, or 2 large hass avocados
- Lime or lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, garlic, coriander and the chillies in a bowl.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and using a spoon, extract all of the flesh.
- With a fork, coarsely mash the flesh and mix with the remaining ingredients and the lime or lemon juice.
- Add salt to taste.
We have many other Guacamole recipes:
- A simple Guacamole recipe
- An authentic Mexican version, Guacamole con aceite de oliva
- An Anglicised version of Diana Kennedy's guacamole recipe, Tostadas de guacamole y crema
- A red guacamole, Guacamole rojo
- A Thermomix recipe that is a translation from Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix by Susaeta Ediciones
- Another Thermomix variation
- Cuban guacamole summer salad, a salad that uses guacamole as a key ingredient
- Picante guacamole, a guacamole recipe from MexTrade, London
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#tomatoes #guacamolerojo #lime #garlic #lemonjuice #onion #guacamole #avocadooil #avocados #hassavocados #chillies