4/5 Spicy dip! The Judge
Proper guacamole is absolutely glorious, when made the traditional way with the right ingredients. Using Serrano chilli pepper adds a slightly nutty flavour that pairs very nicely with has avocados. We have tried many brands over the years and exclusively use La Costeña for their unbeatable flavour.
- 2 Hass avocados (medium size)
- ⅓ cup fresh tomato, chopped (about 1 medium)
- ⅓ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, very finely chopped-ideally use a garlic press
- ⅓ cup coriander, finely chopped (cut off steams just below 2nd leaves)
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons La Costeña Serrano escabeche (the marinate liquid from the tin)
- 2 serrano chillies finely chopped (about the size of the average pinkie finger), remove the seeds and veins to reduce the spiciness (this recipe has a slight tingle)
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl
- Using a fork, mix for a minutes to ensure everything is evenly distributed
- Serve immediately
Limes may yield variable amounts of juice, so follow your taste buds. I personally prefer less lime juice, but it is a key ingredient, as it acts a natural preservative and prevents the avocado flesh from turning colour.
Jason Coolbaugh - Picante Grill
We have many other Guacamole recipes:
- A simple Guacamole recipe
- An authentic Mexican version, Guacamole con aceite de oliva
- An Anglicised version of Diana Kennedy's guacamole recipe, Tostadas de guacamole y crema
- A red guacamole, Guacamole rojo
- A Thermomix recipe that is a translation from Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix by Susaeta Ediciones
- Another Thermomix variation
- Cuban guacamole summer salad, a salad that uses guacamole as a key ingredient
- Picante guacamole, a guacamole recipe from MexTrade, London
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Mextrade.co.uk has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
Mextrade was founded in 2010 by Mexican entrepreneur’s cuisine lovers, opened with a primary goal of bringing irresistible flavours from the best quality Mexican products to households, kitchens and dinner tables across the UK.
#guacamole #cup #avocados #picanteguacamole #limes #garlic #onions #recipesfromothersites #juice #serrano #hassavocados