This dip, some tortilla chips and a big hat will start your Mexican evening off nicely!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 4 medium tomatoes
- ½ small onion, roughtly chopped
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped (or parsley at a push)
- Juice of a lime
- 3 fresh red chillies
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the avocados: cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop the flesh out with a tablespoon and place in a food processor
- Add the lime juice to the avocados and blend until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until properly mixed
- Cover and chill for 1 hour, then serve
Serve chilled with tortilla chips You can also serve it with fried plantains.
We have many other Guacamole recipes:
- A simple Guacamole recipe
- An authentic Mexican version, Guacamole con aceite de oliva
- An Anglicised version of Diana Kennedy's guacamole recipe, Tostadas de guacamole y crema
- A red guacamole, Guacamole rojo
- A Thermomix recipe that is a translation from Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix by Susaeta Ediciones
- Another Thermomix variation
- Cuban guacamole summer salad, a salad that uses guacamole as a key ingredient
- Picante guacamole, a guacamole recipe from MexTrade, London
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.