Cuban guacamole summer salad
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced into wedges
- 75g sweetcorn
- 2 hearts of palm, sliced into discs
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 130g borlotti beans
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Goya Sazon Completa
- ½ teaspoon Salsa aji Nativo
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon American mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon finely ground sea salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Break up iceberg lettuce in large bowl. Add tomato, sweetcorn, hearts of palm, onion and beans then blend well.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed avocado with ½ teaspoon salt, Goya® Sazon Completa, Salsa Aji Nativo® and mayonnaise. Gently fold in the hard boiled egg.
- In separate bowl, assemble salad dressing by combining the lemon juice, red wine vinegar mustard, oil, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Assemble the dish by spooning the guacamole mixture in the centre of the lettuce mixture, then drizzle the salad dressing where desired.
- CubanCuisine.co.uk, the UK's specialist on-line suppliers of authentic Cuban groceries, has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries) We have many other Guacamole recipes:
- A simple Guacamole recipe
- An authentic Mexican version, Guacamole con aceite de oliva
- An Anglicised version of Diana Kennedy's guacamole recipe, Tostadas de guacamole y crema
- A red guacamole, Guacamole rojo
- A Thermomix recipe that is a translation from Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix by Susaeta Ediciones
- Another Thermomix variation
- Cuban guacamole summer salad, a salad that uses guacamole as a key ingredient
- Picante guacamole, a guacamole recipe from MexTrade, London
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.