Chicken in cream
A nice simple dish which is great to use up left-over double cream. It's the sort of dish you could add lots of various ingredients to suit your taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Taste Sensation Spicy Mango Marinade Flavouring
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- Freshly chopped parsley and walnut pieces to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Heat the oil, with a pinch of black pepper in an oven-proof casserole dish pan over a medium heat
- Stir-fry the onions for 3 or 4 minutes
- Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry until lightly browned
- Stir in the crushed garlic and Taste Sensation Spicy Mango Marinade Flavouring and mix really well for a few minutes
- Remove from the heat and deglaze the dish with the sherry.
- Stir in the double cream, Greek yogurt, chopped apricots, cover and oven bake at 180° C for 30 minutes
- Test the seasoning and serve, scattered with parsley and walnuts
After baking for 30 minutes in the Dutch oven
Soured cream makes a nice sharp difference to this dish.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#doublecream #parsley #chickenincream #tastesensationcajunseasoning #walnut #cauliflower #onions #britishrecipes #broadbeans #roasties #greenvegetables