Spaghetti tutto mare
- 500g total squid and pre cooked and shelled mussels
- 90ml olive oil
- 250ml dry white wine
- 400g tinned tomatoes, liquidised
- Chilli, chopped or bird's eye chilli paste to taste
- 40g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Garlic to taste, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 400g spaghetti
- Heat half the olive oil and add the squid.
- Brown gently, then increase the heat and add half the wine.
- Allow the wine to reduce, lower the heat and add the tomatoes, chilli and a little salt.
- Simmer until the squid is tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in another pan and fry the onion and carrot until the onion is soft, adding the garlic, a couple of minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Add the mussels and the remaining wine and cook over a high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- At the same time, boil the spaghetti in salted water, drain and transfer to a warm bowl.
- Mix the squid and mussel mixtures together, season, and pour over the spaghetti.
- Mix well and serve immediately, garnished with the oregano.
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.