Sous vide chicken liver pate
Such a valuable accessory
This recipe needs advance preparation!
This was a sous vide experiment to see if I could make chicken liver pate with the absolute minimum of effort. This was really easy to make and was a great success, so much so I used it as stuffing for Sous vide fillet steak with chicken liver pate.
This is a great 'template' for many versions of pate. The temperature and cooking times are work well enough to cook all of the ingredients to the desired consistency, just and mess about with ingredients of your choice.
- 300g chicken livers
- 100g lardons
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons port
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Remove the white centres of the livers and any connective tissues and roughly chop them.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Seal one end of a vacuum pack bag and add the pate mix.
- Vacuum seal the bag
- Cook in a sous vide bath for 8 hours at 70°C (158°F)
- As soon as the pate is cooked, melt the butter over a gentle heat.
- Pack the pate into a ramekin dish and pour the melted butter over the top.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Sous vide cooking
- Category:Sous vide recipes
- Sous vide cooking times
- How to cook sous vide meat to different levels of doneness
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures
- SousVide Supreme sous vide cooker
- Anova Standalone sous-vide water heater and circulator
- Home made sous-vide slow cooker conversion kit
- Vacuum sealer (generic)
- Andrew James Professional Quality Vacuum Food Sealer Machine
- Vacuum sealed containers
- Andrew James 8.5 Litre Professional Sous Vide Water Bath Cooker
- Burton Sous Vide Water Bath
- Can the Crockpot Slow cooker and Multi cooker be used as a sous vide bath?
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#pate #butter #sousvide #springonions #chickenliver #chickenlivers #refrigerator #vacuumpack #ramekindish #lardons #sousvidecooking