Sous vide Tex-Mex pork tenderloin fillet
Sort and spicy
5/5 This is exsquisite. The only downside is that you do need a sous vide cooker. If you've got one, then start cooking! The Judge
Pork tenderloin cooked sous-vide is glorious. Tender and juicy with a hint of spice and herbs. I actually cooked this for another recipe, Cheatin' pork enchiladas as I needed pre cooked tenderloin. This would be fabulous cooked as it is but if you are going to use it in another recipe, try to avoid overcooking the pork in the second recipe or you will lose the benefit of cooking sous vide.
- 1 pork tenderloin fillet (about 700g)
- 2 bunches of sage leaves
- ½ small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick of celery, cut into moons
- 1 tablespoon of Old India Taco Seasoning or a similar spice blend
- If you have a meat tenderiser with metal blades, stamp the tenderloin all over, on both sides.
- Cut the pork fillet into 2 pieces so it will fit into a large vacuum bag together with the onion a herbs.
- Seal the bag at one end and add the pork tenderloin, onion, herbs and spices.
- Hold the bag closed and shake well to mix.
- Wipe the edge to be sealed with a paper towel to ensure it seals properly.
- Vacuum seal the bag. I like to seal twice at both ends, but that's just the pessimist in me!
- Cook sous vide at 59°C (138.2°F) for up to 9 hours or at least a minimum of 3 hours.
- Once cooked, discard the onions and herbs and any juices.
- If you want to brown the outside, cook in a hot pan with a little butter for a few minutes, adding an extra blast of a blowtorch if you have one.
- Slice and serve!
If you are using Old India Taco Seasoning, don't add any salt or pepper as this mix is pretty salts already. However, without Old India taco seasoning, this would be delicious with just a grind of pepper and a pinch of salt added before sealing the bag.
- Sous vide cooking
- Category:Sous vide recipes
- Sous vide cooking times
- How to cook sous vide meat to different levels of doneness
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures
- SousVide Supreme sous vide cooker
- Anova Standalone sous-vide water heater and circulator
- Home made sous-vide slow cooker conversion kit
- Vacuum sealer (generic)
- Andrew James Professional Quality Vacuum Food Sealer Machine
- Vacuum sealed containers
- Andrew James 8.5 Litre Professional Sous Vide Water Bath Cooker
- Burton Sous Vide Water Bath
- Can the Crockpot Slow cooker and Multi cooker be used as a sous vide bath?
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#herbs #onion #spice #porktenderloin #sousvide #porkfillet #porktenderloinfillet #blowtorch #tacoseasoning #sousvidetexmexporktenderloinfillet #blend