Skewiff beetroot and halloumi
- 8 small or 4 large beetroot
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus a few extra glugs
- 3 sprigs of mint, leaves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon or orange juice
- ½ teaspoons honey
- 2 x 150g blocks of halloumi
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Place a large roasting dish in the oven to heat up.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into 4cm cubes. Toss into a bowl with a pinch of salt, pepper and a gloss of oil. Tumble onto your warmed dish. Roast for 25 mins or till tender.
- Whizz the chopped mint, olive oil, juice and honey in a food processor or blender for an extra creamy dressing or shake everything up in a jam jar till well mixed. Cut each block of halloumi into 12 cubes (so 24 in total). Get a large frying pan hot. Add a gloss of oil. Lower heat. Fry your halloumi in batches (if needed) till golden on top and bottom.
- Skewer your beetroot and halloumi. You should get 8 generously filled skewers or 12 smaller ones.
- Drizzle with the mint dressing and serve any remaining on the side.
- Beetroot falafel with toasted halloumi cheese
- Courgette and Halloumi Falafels
- Grilled sausage and halloumi salad with avocados
- Halloumi, fennel and apple salad
- Halloumi, fennel and kiwi fruit salad
- Halloumi, fennel and pink grapefruit salad
- Hugh's fried halloumi
- Melon salad with grilled halloumi cheese croutons
- Pork and strawberry salad with grilled halloumi cheese
- Skewiff beetroot and halloumi
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Warm halloumi and fennel salad
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.