Courgette and Halloumi Falafels
- 200g courgette, coarsely grated
- 150g halloumi, coarsely grated
- 100g breadcrumbs
- A large handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of chilli powder or finely chopped fresh chilli
- 1 egg, beaten
- Olive or sunflower oil for shallow frying
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pop the courgette in a sieve with a pinch of salt and pepper. Give it a squeeze with your hands to remove some of the water from it.
- Toss the courgette in a bowl and mix with the halloumi, breadcrumbs, mint, zest of the lemon and a squeeze of juice, chilli powder and the beaten egg.
- The mix should come together to form little falafels. If its too wet, toss a few more breadcrumbs in. If its too dry, add a little more grated courgette.
- The falafels will fry better if you chill the mix first but you can fry them straight away, too. Just get a large frying pan hot, add enough olive oil to generously coat the pan and cook on all sides till golden.
- Beetroot falafel with toasted halloumi cheese
- Courgette and Halloumi Falafels
- Grilled sausage and halloumi salad with avocados
- Halloumi, fennel and apple salad
- Halloumi, fennel and kiwi fruit salad
- Halloumi, fennel and pink grapefruit salad
- Hugh's fried halloumi
- Melon salad with grilled halloumi cheese croutons
- Pork and strawberry salad with grilled halloumi cheese
- Skewiff beetroot and halloumi
- Squash, halloumi and chilli omelette
- Warm halloumi and fennel salad
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.