Salmon and prawn tagliatelle (simple version)
I saw this on The Big Breakfast (Channel 4), about 15 years ago and have been making a variation of it ever since.
It's the simplest recipe I know - I dare you to get this one wrong!
There is a slightly more complex version here, though it's hardly challenging either.
- 1 portion of fresh tagliatelle (about 250g) or 100g of dried tagliatelle.
- 1 tin lobster bisque soup
- 2 raw salmon steaks, about 175g (6 oz) each
- 100 g (3.5 oz) fresh peeled prawns
- Remove the skin from the salmon and remove any pin-bones - tweezers are good for this
- Cut the salmon into 1" x 1" chunks (2.5 cm cubes)
- In a large pan, bring the soup almost to the boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer
- Place the salmon chunks in the soup and simmer for 4 minutes
- Cook the pasta as directed, drain and cover
- Add the prawns and stir for a minute or so
- Pour the pasta into the soup, mix well
- Arrange on a serving dish
Serve hot, maybe with a salad if you need to stretch it to four people. There is enough here for two gluttons though!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#salmon #pasta #salmonandprawntagliatellesimpleversion #lobsterbisque #driedtagliatelle #tweezers #bones #boiledorsimmered #freshpasta #peeledprawns #prawns