Salmon and prawn tagliatelle (simple version)
I saw this on The Big Breakfast (Channel 4), about 15 years ago and have been making a variation of it ever since.
It's the simplest recipe I know - I dare you to get this one wrong!
There is a slightly more complex version here, though it's hardly challenging either.
- 1 portion of fresh tagliatelle (about 250g) or 100g of dried tagliatelle.
- 1 tin lobster bisque soup
- 2 raw salmon steaks, about 175g (6 oz) each
- 100 g (3.5 oz) fresh peeled prawns
- Remove the skin from the salmon and remove any pin-bones - tweezers are good for this
- Cut the salmon into 1" x 1" chunks (2.5 cm cubes)
- In a large pan, bring the soup almost to the boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer
- Place the salmon chunks in the soup and simmer for 4 minutes
- Cook the pasta as directed, drain and cover
- Add the prawns and stir for a minute or so
- Pour the pasta into the soup, mix well
- Arrange on a serving dish
Serve hot, maybe with a salad if you need to stretch it to four people. There is enough here for two gluttons though!
Make your own pasta from scratch
The normal (non-Youtube) recipe for home-made pasta is here if you prefer.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.