Fish pie (SV)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into 25mm slices
- 20 g Butter
- 250g firm white fish, such as hake, pollack, monkfish or basa
- 300g salmon or smoked haddock
- 200g king prawns, peeled
- 1 quantity Thermomix parsley sauce or conventional parsley sauce
- Preheat the water bath to 84°C (183.2°F)
- Put the potatoes in a vacuum packing pouch and smear butter over them.
- Vacuum and seal.
- Place in the water bath and cook leave for 1-2 hours or up to a maximum of 4.
- Cool the water to 62°C (143.6°F) by removing some of the water and adding ice cubes or cold water, leaving the potatoes in the bath.
- In the meantime, vacuum pack the fish in separate pouches and add to the water bath once it has reached 62°C (143.6°F).
- After 30 minutes, remove the prawns, after a further 5-10 minutes remove the which fish and finally the salmon after a further 10 minutes.
- Also remove the potatoes.
- Place the pouches in s sink or bowls of iced water so that they can cool as soon as possible.
- In the meantime, make the parsley sauce using the conventional method or with a Thermomix.
- Once the fish and potatoes are cool, remove them from the pouches.
- Chop the fish into chunks and mix with the prawns.
- Place in a baking dish and pour over the parsley sauce.
- Mash the potatoes, adding extra butter and a little milk if desired.
- Spread it over the fish mixture, dot with butter and bake at 200°C (392°F) for 30-40 minutes.
- Sous vide cooking
- Category:Sous vide recipes
- Sous vide cooking times
- How to cook sous vide meat to different levels of doneness
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures
- SousVide Supreme sous vide cooker
- Anova Standalone sous-vide water heater and circulator
- Home made sous-vide slow cooker conversion kit
- Vacuum sealer (generic)
- Andrew James Professional Quality Vacuum Food Sealer Machine
- Vacuum sealed containers
- Andrew James 8.5 Litre Professional Sous Vide Water Bath Cooker
- Burton Sous Vide Water Bath
- Can the Crockpot Slow cooker and Multi cooker be used as a sous vide bath?
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.