Coliflor en Aguacate (Cauliflower in avocado sauce)
A variation of Diana Kennedy's Coliflor en Aguacate recipe from her brilliant Mexican cookery bible: The essential cuisines of Mexico ISBN 9780307587725 - mine was about £7 from Amazon and it's looking to be the best cook-book I own!
- 450 g (1 lb) cauliflower, trimmed of leaves and cut into florets
- 2 whole star anise (2 complete star anise - not 2 'petals')
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Chose from one of the following (or use commercially prepared guacamole)
- A simple Guacamole recipe
- An authentic Mexican version, Guacamole con aceite de oliva
- An Anglicised version of Diana Kennedy's guacamole recipe, Tostadas de guacamole y crema
- A red guacamole, Guacamole rojo
- Add the cauliflower florets, sat and star anise to a large pan of boiling water.
- Allow the water to return to the boil and cook until the cauliflower if to your liking - 5 minutes should leave it al-dente.
- Serve your chosen guacamole in a bowl topped with the crumbled cheese and place in the middle of a large platter, surrounded by the cooked cauliflower florets.
as a side-dish
- Arrange the cooked cauliflower florets in a bowl, pour your chosen guacamole over the florets and top with the crumbled cheese.
Serve as soon as the cauliflower is cooked so as not to lose the unique flavour.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cauliflower #guacamole #cheese #staranise #boil #guacamolerecipe #coliflorenaguacatecauliflowerinavocadosauce #mezze #dip #cookery #starter