This wiki cheese category page contains detailed information and photographs of cheeses produced in the country of Wales, which is part of the United Kingdom and the island of Great Britain. Although the only nationally known Welsh cheese, Caerphilly is now produced in the West Country, not in it's original homeland, Wales now has has a plethora of artisan cheesemakers producing extremely high quality cheeses from locally produced milk. If you need convincing of this, try my favourite mature cheddar, Little Black Bomber!
Below is an alphabetical list of Welsh cheeses. The text links take you to detailed information on each cheese and the thumbnails to an enlarged image.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.
Pages in category "Welsh cheeses"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- Dragon Double Gloucester cheese
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon mild Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon Monterey Jack cheese
- Dragon red Leicester cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon traditional Caerphilly cheese
- Dragon vintage Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon vintage Welsh cheddar cheese with leeks
- Dragon's Back cheese
- Drewi Sant cheese