Slow cooker tangerine, leek and harissa lamb
No carving needed!
5/5 The meat just falls off the bone, perfect! The Judge
On this cold grey Covid lockdown weekend I thought I would slow cook some spicy lamb with a Christmas feel to it.
- 900g leg of lamb (half a leg)
- 2 leeks
- 1 tangerine
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 125ml (half a cup) of water
- Sesame seeds to garnish
here's the rub
- 6 big cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Taste Sensation harissa seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Taste Sensation Lime Juice Powder
- Good Pinch of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Halve the leeks and run them under a cold tap to wash out any mud
- Lay the leeks, rosemary, thyme in the base of the slow cooker and add half a cup of water
- Halve the tangerine and place in the slow cooker for the lamb to sit on
- Mix the rub ingredients together in a pestle and mortar
- Stab and cut deep slashes in the lamb leg and fill with the rub
- Rub the remained over the surface of the lamb
- Place the lamb on top of the bed of leeks
- Slow cook on low for about 5 hours
I checked the temperature of our slow cooker on low setting with a digital thermometer and it reads around 100°C [225°F] so if you don't have a slow cooker you could use a casserole dish in an oven set to 100° C (225° F - gas ¼), [fan oven 80° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour].
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#lambleg #legoflamb #leeks #tangerine #slowcooker #harissa #oranges #thyme #recipes #sprigsofrosemary #halfalegoflamb