Sopa de verduras pirenaica (TM)
- 50g olive oil
- 150g leeks
- 50g celery
- 100g potatoes
- 100g French beans
- 125g cauliflower
- 125g broccoli
- 100g cabbage
- 50g carrots
- 50g parsley
- Garlic to taste
- 1.1kg vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g chicken breast, chopped
- 100g serrano ham, chopped
- 1 free range egg
- Coarsely chop the vegetables, garlic and parsley in the Thermomix - this may need to be done in various stages due to the different natures of the vegetables.
- Add the oil and 200ml of the water to the bowl.
- Using speed 4, pulse 3 times using the turbo button.
- Add the remaining water, the chicken breast and the ham.
- Set to cook for 30 minutes at 100 degrees with a speed of 1½.
- When it is cooked, beat in the egg at a speed of 2½.
Vary the vegetables to your choice. To make this in the conventional manner, simply heat the oil in a saucepan and follow the instructions ignoring references to Thermomix speeds and temperature. You will, of course need to chop the vegetables and meat by hand or in a food processor.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.