Panache de verduras (Mixed vegetables)
This recipe is from the Pais Vasco (Basque) region.
Choose at least 5 or 6 varieties of vegetables from the following, depending on what is in season:
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 white cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 8 artichoke hearts
- 8 spears white asparagus
- 8 medium potatoes
- 400 g garden peas, shelled
- 200 g broad beans, shelled
- 200 g French beans
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 large leeks
- 2 Swiss chard
- Wash your chosen vegetables and peel if necessary.
- Slice, chop or shred the vegetables as appropriate.
- Boil or steam them in separate saucepans, except for the tomatoes which should be grilled. As some vegetables take longer than others, you will need to work out which ones need to go on first.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, put some olive oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic until it is golden.
- Drain the vegetables and arrange them separately on a large serving plate, or on four individual plates.
- Drizzle the garlic and oil over the top of the vegetables and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#vegetables #garlic #tomatoes #potatoes #oliveoil #panfried #leeks #butter #swisschard #broadbeans #gardenpeas