No pasta lasagne
Cut the carbs!
4.6/5 Originally I thought what's the point of this, until I tried to keep the carbohydrates down! The Judge
- 1 jar of tomato pasta sauce, or make your own, see Chef's notes
- 2-3 courgettes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A lemon
- 100g parmesan
- A few handfuls of fresh basil
- 2 balls of fresh mozzarella
- A handful of pine nuts (optional)
- olive oil
- Heat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Dollop a few spoonfuls of sauce in the bottom of a lasagne dish. Top with overlapping ribbons of courgette (use your veg peeler).
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest. Scatter with grated parmesan and basil and torn mozzarella. Repeat. Repeat again, but skip the courgettes.
- Top with pine nuts. Season. Bake in a 180°C/Gas 4 oven until golden, 20-30 mins.
Make your own tomato sauce: Fry finely diced onion in olive oil till tender. Add two or three chopped garlic cloves. Season. Sizzle for a mo. Add a tin of tomatoes, bubble it for a few mins. Add a glug of balsamic vinegar. Bubble again. Fold in fresh herbs
We have the following tested lasagne recipes
- Basa lasagne bake - a rather good fish lasagne
- Prawn and crab lasagne bake - a seafood lasagne which is also good made with crayfish
- Crabmeat and spinach lasagna - surf and turf (sort of!)
- Lentil lasagne (TM) - a vegetarian lasagne made in a Thermomix
- No pasta lasagne - using courgettes instead of pasta
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.
#courgettes #nopastalasagne #bubble #basil #parmesan #pinenuts #mozzarella #oliveoil #tomatosauce #pastasauce #images