Prawn and crab lasagne bake
This was extremely good, the crab flavour came through very well. It is going on our favourites list!
- 130g fresh lasagne (6 sheets) - the sheets were quite small - 1 single layer of pasta required 2 sheets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 400 ml can lobster bisque soup
- 150 ml single cream
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- Bunch of fresh chives, chopped finely
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 145g king prawns, chopped
- 114g fresh crab-claw meat
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Bring a pan of salted water to boil and drop the lasagne sheets in one by one.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to prevent them sticking together.
- Bring them back to the boil, remove from the heat, cover and leave for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the lobster bisque, single cream, sherry, salt and pepper to a bowl and stir well.
- Add a few tablespoons of the soup mixture into the bottom of an oven-proof dish.
- Add 2 sheets of pasta, a little more soup and the chopped prawns. Layer another 2 sheets, more soup and the crab-claw meat.
- Finish with a final layer of lasagne and the remaining soup.
- bake for 30 minutes at the top part of the oven.
Serve with a salad
A variation of Salmon and prawn tagliatelle.
We have the following tested lasagne recipes
- Basa lasagne bake - a rather good fish lasagne
- Prawn and crab lasagne bake - a seafood lasagne which is also good made with crayfish
- Crabmeat and spinach lasagna - surf and turf (sort of!)
- Lentil lasagne (TM) - a vegetarian lasagne made in a Thermomix
- No pasta lasagne - using courgettes instead of pasta
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#prawnandcrablasagnebake #soup #lasagne #crab #pasta #boil #oliveoil #singlecream #lobsterbisquesoup #tabascosauce #drysherry