Basa lasagne bake
Basa all the way
Chatting to some good friends about basa(Vietnamese river cobbler, pangassius, panga, a type of catfish) recently, inspired me to create this dish. Basa is a really tasty, firm white fish that is, to my mind, nicer than cod, sustainable and about half the price.
This was a fabulous dish and will be made again!
Difficulty level 2 with bought lasagne, 3 with homemade pasta
- 265 g fresh basa fillets, cut into thin strips
- 1 portion of fresh pasta rolled into 6 sheets
- 6 baby leeks, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 can lobster bisque (415 g)
- 150 ml sour cream
- Splash of Tabasco sauce, if liked
- Bunch of fresh fennel leaves
- Bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thinly
- oilve oil
- Make 1 portion of fresh pasta from this recipe and roll into sheets or use about 6 sheets of fresh or dried lasagne
- Chop the baby leeks and blanche for 3 minutes in boiling water, drain.
- Add the sour cream to the lobster bisque, season, adding a splash of Tabasco if liked, season and mix well
- In a medium-sized oven-proof dish, make up the lasagne in layers, using leeks, basa slices, fennel, parsley, a spoonful of sauce and a layer of lasagne
- Top with a final sheet of lasagne
- Pour the remaining lobster bisque mix over and jiggle the dish to distribute evenly
- Finish with a later of sliced tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
Serve with a green salad
The amount of liquid in this dish was perfect for using with fresh pasta. However, if using dried pasta I would pre-cook the sheets in boiling water first or it is likely to dry the dish out. Refer to the packet for times.
I've made this many times, however this time it looked as though there would not be quite enough liquid so I added half a glass of white wine (or dry sherry / water:50/50) and mixed that in before cooking. Yum!
We have the following tested lasagne recipes
- Basa lasagne bake - a rather good fish lasagne
- Prawn and crab lasagne bake - a seafood lasagne which is also good made with crayfish
- Crabmeat and spinach lasagna - surf and turf (sort of!)
- Lentil lasagne (TM) - a vegetarian lasagne made in a Thermomix
- No pasta lasagne - using courgettes instead of pasta
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#basalasagnebake #lasagne #basa #leeks #tomatoes #lobsterbisque #sourcream #freshpasta #fennel #parsleyleaves #chickens