Grandma Andrea's meatballs (TM)
- 250g beef
- 250g pork shoulder
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 free range eggs
- 80g breadcrumbs
- 50g white wine
- Flour for dredging
- Olive oil
For the sauce
- 50g oil
- 100g onion peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1kg tinned tomatoes
- 25g sugar
- Cut the meat into pieces, removing any fat.
- Put it in the bowl with the garlic and parsley 10 seconds / Speed 8.
- Add the eggs, the breadcrumbs, the wine and the salt 6 seconds / Speed 3½.
- Take the mixture out of the bowl and form into large balls using your hands.
- Dredge in the flour and fry in a pan in hot oil. Reserve.
- Clean the bowl thoroughly in order to prepare the sauce.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic 10 seconds / Speed 5.
- Push down the ingredients inside the bowl 3 minutes / 100° / Speed 2.
- Add the tomato and sugar, season then 30 minutes / 100° / Speed 1.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce 2 minutes / 100° / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce and if desired, garnish with some parsley leaves.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Cocina española con Thermomix
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.