Salad dressing oil to vinegar ratio
(Redirected from Salad dressing)
So useful and easy to remember.
- Add the oil and lemon juice together
- Stir (or shake) well until combined.
How much oil and vinegar for a salad dressing? A simple rule for making a basic salad dressing:
3 parts oil to 1 part of vinegar / acidic juice - (lemon juice etc.)
Use that as your starting point and be adventurous.
Useful tip: Preparing ahead
A very useful tip by Ina garten; (Barefoot Contessa is to mix the salad dressing up in a large bowl and just sit the salad leaves on top, without mixed them. Chill until required. When you are ready to serve, just toss the salad leaves in the dressing. This allows you to make the salad well ahead of time and not have a soggy salad.
Salad dressing recipes
We have number of good recipes for salad dressings, use them as a starting point for your own creations:
- Salad dressing oil to vinegar ratio
- Basic vinaigrette
- Sherry vinegar salad dressing
- Blue cheese and chive dressing
- Mustard dressing
- Roquefort salad dressing
- Thyme and sour cream dressing
- Thousand Island dressing
Salads with dressing recipes included
- Frankfurter salad with mustard dressing
- Apple and walnut salad with Somerset Camembert dressing
- Potato salad with a mustard and caraway dressing
- Salad of Ayrshire royals, feta and watercress, yoghurt dressing
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#saladrecipes #dipsandsauces #marinadesdressingsandbutters #lemonjuice #oliveoil #accompaniments #recipes