Crema de mejillones (TM)
For the Varoma basket -
- 1.5kg mussels
- 500g water
For the sofrito
- 150g leeks
- 50g olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 150g crushed tomatoes
- 1 green apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- 25g biscotes French toast-type things
- 50g anise seeds
- 2 fish stock cubes
- Ground pepper
- 300g of the cooking water from the mussels
- Clean the mussels under the 'grifo' by rubbing one against the other and place in the Varoma basket. [Grifo in Spanish means 'tap' and obviously refers to some part of the mussel's anatomy. I have no idea how to translate this into English, so if anyone is well versed in mussel knowledge, could you give me a word to use please?]
- Put 500g water in the bowl 7 minutes / Temp. Varoma /Speed 2.
- After this time, place the Varoma basket on the TM lid 12 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 2.
- When the time is up, remove the water from the bowl and reserve.
- Remove the all but 12 of the mussels from their shells. These 12 are used as a garnish and you should remove the beards.
- Wash the leeks, dispose of the green part and chop them.
- Put all of the ingredients for the sofrito in the bowl and set 10 seconds / Speed 5.
- Scrape down the inside of the bowl with the spatula and set 10 minutes /Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- When finished, add the mussels, the biscotes, the anise seeds, the stock cubes, the pepper and the water 1 minute / Speed 9 so that the ingredients are well ground.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls and garnish with the cherry tomatoes, cut in half, the anis seeds and the reserved mussels arranged around the edge.
- Translated from a recipe in Cocina española con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones).
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#mussels #seeds #anise #leeks #spanish #sofrito #cherrytomatoes #soup #thermomix #stockcubes #ground