Thyme and sour cream dressing
- 100 ml (4 fl oz) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ Clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Add the thyme leaves, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice, tighten the lid and shake vigorously until well mixed.
- Add the sour cream to a bowl and fold this mixture into it\Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Salad dressing recipes
We have number of good recipes for salad dressings, use them as a starting point for your own creations:
- Salad dressing oil to vinegar ratio
- Basic vinaigrette
- Sherry vinegar salad dressing
- Blue cheese and chive dressing
- Mustard dressing
- Thyme and sour cream dressing
- Thousand Island dressing
Salads with dressing recipes included
- Frankfurter salad with mustard dressing
- Apple and walnut salad with Somerset Camembert dressing
- Potato salad with a mustard and caraway dressing
- Salad of Ayrshire royals, feta and watercress, yoghurt dressing
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.