Apple and walnut salad with Somerset Camembert dressing
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 100g Shelled walnuts
- 1 Medium apple - Cox or Worcester
- Mixed salad leaves - rocket, red cos
- 220g Ripe Somerset Camembert
- 2 Rounded tablespoons crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoon Fresh apple juice
- Preheat grill to a medium heat and toast walnuts for
- approximately 1 minute.
- Slice the apple, leaving the skin on, and put the slices in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of apple juice, turn to coat the apple slices.
- Next prepare the dressing.
- Cut the cheese in half and use a small, sharp knife to peel off the white coat.
- Place the cheese in a small saucepan. Add the crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon apple juice.
- Over a gentle heat blend the cheese and crème fraîche together using a balloon whisk. It will take about 3-4 minutes, it is important that the cheese is only melted and not cooked.
- Arrange the salad leaves in a large bowl or on individual plates, followed by the walnuts and drained apple slices.
- Lastly, pour on the Camembert dressing and serve.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.