The salad dressing originated from Frankfurter salad with mustard dressing and is so nice and so distinct that it deserves to be a recipe in its own right.
- 3 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) wholegrain mustard or Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) caraway seeds, crushed in a pestle and mortar
- Add all of the ingredients together and whisk together until the consistency becomes like single cream.
- As with all dressings, taste and adjust so it is to your liking
Salad dressing recipes
We have number of good recipes for salad dressings, use them as a starting point for your own creations:
- Salad dressing oil to vinegar ratio
- Basic vinaigrette
- Sherry vinegar salad dressing
- Blue cheese and chive dressing
- Mustard dressing
- Thyme and sour cream dressing
- Thousand Island dressing
Salads with dressing recipes included
- Frankfurter salad with mustard dressing
- Apple and walnut salad with Somerset Camembert dressing
- Potato salad with a mustard and caraway dressing
- Salad of Ayrshire royals, feta and watercress, yoghurt dressing
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.