Potato salad with a mustard and caraway dressing
The potato salad recipe originated from a similar salad recipe; Frankfurter salad with mustard dressing.
- 350 g (12 oz) new potatoes, un peeled, washed and scrubbed - my favourites are Pink Fir Apple but any good quality new potatoes will be fine.
- 3 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) wholegrain mustard or Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) caraway seeds, crushed in a pestle and mortar
- Just cover the potatoes with boiling water, bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer vigorously for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain immediately, place in a bowl and cover until ready to use.
- Add all of the ingredients together and whisk together until the consistency becomes like single cream.
- Pour over the potatoes and mix well.
This is nice on cold or warm potatoes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.