Tender cactus (nopalitos) tacos
Located in Maltby Street market and Duke of York Square, Tamal UK is the perfect way of getting in touch with mexican food. Specializing in Tamales this Mexican street stall is one of the favourites of Mexican people. Order them online or visit the fabulous food market.
- 825g La Costeña Tender Cactus Nopalitos (1 Jar)
- ½ cup of thin sliced or finely chopped red onion
- 3 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander leaves (more if you like)
- ½ tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- ¼ teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1-2 La Costeña Jalapeños Chilies, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Cup La Costeña Refried Pinto beans
- 75g Shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, halloumi) (optional)
- 8 Corn tortillas
- Drain La Costeña nopalitos.
- Place the nopalitos in a salad bowl and add the onion, tomatoes, coriander and chilies.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and pour all over. Toss to blend well.
- Heat La Costeña Refried beans on a stove or in microwave.
- Heat tortillas on a flat pan then wrap in a kitchen towel to keep them warm.
- Place them inside a bamboo steamer or any other plastic container with lid.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of La Costena Refried beans on the tortilla and top with another 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture.
- Top with some cheese if you like.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Mextrade.co.uk has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
Mextrade was founded in 2010 by Mexican entrepreneur’s cuisine lovers, opened with a primary goal of bringing irresistible flavours from the best quality Mexican products to households, kitchens and dinner tables across the UK.
#cup #tomatoes #oliveoil #cheese #shredded #cheddar #kitchentowel #tendercactus #mozzarella #mexicanfood #corianderleaves