Taco shells with a creamy chicken salad filling
We love taco shells and I'm always looking for different ways to use them. Watching Jamie Oliver's 'Comfort Food' recently, I thought the salad dressing for his 'Insanity Burger' looked interesting so I thought I would try it as a taco shell filling. It was fabulous. We're having it again tonight!
- 140g cooked chicken pieces
- 10 taco shells
- Half a sweet pepper (pick your favourite colour)
- Half a small white onion, finely chopped (or a few spring onions)
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned with an Oxo Good Grips Julienne peeler
- 3 small tomatoes, quartered
for the creamy salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or my favourite, Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1/3 of an Iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- Add the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and brandy to a serving bowl and mix well.
- Finely chop the Iceberg lettuce and mix into the salad dressing.
- Prepare all the remaining items and place on small serving dishes.
- Microwave the taco shells for 30 seconds or place in a warm oven for 5 minutes.
- Lay everything out on the table and help yourself!
Turkey left-overs would work well in this
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#tacoshells #tomatoketchup #mayonnaise #worcestershiresauce #brandy #iceberglettuce #tacoshellswithacreamychickensaladfilling #saladdressing #onion #turkey #tabascosauce