Siskonmakkarakeitto (Sausage soup)
Home-made pasta is so easy to make!
- 2 litres ham or vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 700 g of potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ head of celery, chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- ½ swede, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 500g fresh pork sausage, cut into largish chunks
- Small bunch of parsley
- In a large saucepan, add the stock, bay leaves and peppercorns and bring to the boil.
- Add the swede and carrots, and after about five minutes the onions,
- potatoes, celery and parsnip.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the sausages and parsley and reduce to a simmer.
- When the sausages rise to the surface, they are cooked.
- Remove the parsley sprigs before serving.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.